[bct] FW: A grant to purchase recording equipment for the list

  • From: "Allformats" <allformats@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 14:56:30 +0100

Hi Neil
I wrote the below to you a couple of weeks ago, when the list was
changing over and consequently, don't know whether you received it or
Let me know what you think.
Paul (Birmingham UK)
I think what you are suggesting is a fantastic idea and I will think
about solutions too.
As ever, what you are saying is always said with care, consideration for
others and well thought out.
People on this list are amazingly resourceful and knowledgeable and will
come up with ideas and solutions for your good thinking.
A few immediate suggestions for consideration I have are:
1. I would be more than happy to help with editing and clearing up
recordings (where possible using audio software solutions) if people
want to send them to me.
2. I have a minidisk recorder and stereo Mic which I could loan/hire and
would be happy to edit and submit the results to BCT subject to the
approval of the author of course.  The Minidisk I have is easy to use
and has a manual level control which you can adjust on the fly.  I
appreciate that there would need to be some thinking about getting
equipment out to people and having it returned in good order and such.
3. I have found a really good source for very affordable stereo Mics
which I can supply if anyone is interested.  People can listen to a
recording where I used the Mic in question by finding my Cathedral
Podcast either on the BCT site or on my site at:
www.vipodcasting.com <http://www.vipodcasting.com/>
Hope the above helps.
Birmingham, UK