[bct] Re: FTP problem

  • From: Robert Carter <r-carter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 08:34:38 -0600

Hi Lisa and list,

I had the same problem with ftp voyager. The answer is to use skular.onlinestoragesolution.com for the ftp host site and leave off
 ftp://bct@ Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

Robert Carter

At 08:41 PM 3/4/2006, you wrote:

I'd like to upload a podcast I've recorded to Larry's ftp server.  I'm using a program called ws_ftp.  I'm using Win XP Home with Kerio Firewall.  I thought the firewall might be causing problems but disabled it and the problem was not resolved.  Here are the fields the program ask for and what I've put.  Any help with resolving the problem would be much appreciated.
Profile name: BCT
Host Name: ftp://bct@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Host type: there are a list of 60 options, and "automatic detect" is selected.
User ID: bct
Anonymous: checkbox not checked.
password: submit
Save pwd, checked
Account password: I left this blank.
Comments: I also left this blank.
When I try to connect, I get an error tone and the message that the connection has failed.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
Lisa Salinger
Renee, Retired Guide and
Joie, Guide/SD