[bct] Re: FS Tele-Marketing

  • From: "Jake Joehl" <jajoehl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:41:18 -0600

When I lived with my folks, we got so many telemarketing calls it was amazing!
My father was and probably still is a class act in this regard. Each time we'd
get one of those calls and he picked up the phone, he'd carry on a conversation
using the person's name as if they'd known each other forever. then as the
conversation really heated up, my dad would tell the person thanks but no
thanks and then he'd make up some excuse and slam down the phone. I can
remember one time, he asked a lady who was going on and on about whatever, "Hey
lady, do you ever take a breath?"