[bct] Re: Extracting audio from a CD

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 13:11:57 -0400

Walt, I got the program and it seems to do a good job, but I have two questions you may be able to answer.

My mp3 files start out overly loud and then taper off, as if somebody is fiddling with the volume control, every ripped file has this characteristic.

Second, there were two kinds of mp3 choices, the mp3 mpeg level 3 and the mp3 Fraunhoffer, any idea which is better? I chose the mpeg level 3, but that odd starting in high volume then tapering off is strange. I tried playing the files in winamp, sound forge and media player and got the same behavior for all players, so I am assuming it is in the files.

Anyone with thoughts on this?