[bct] Re: Extracting MP3 Audio from Video Files

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 00:31:03 -0600

I've heard of people doing that.  As for me, I've got one of the new DirectTV
DVR-R15 recorders which is not a Tivo branded recorder.  BTW.  That reminds me
to ask.  Since the USB port on the recorder is of the same type that pluggs in
to the PC end of the USB cable, (you know the end of the cable which has the
little groove you have to line up right) and not the other end of the cable
which is a little narrower on one side than the other, has anybody figured out
a way to plug in the recorder to a computer using some kind of USB adapter or
third party device?  I'd guess that you'd have to have a third party device
because the port on the recorder looks like the PC end of the USB cable would
plug directly in to it rather than the device end.
    Would such a scheme as home networking even work with JAWS?  I know
DirectTV is thinking of trying home networking later this year.  They seem
frankly, to be unwilling to listen to what I have to say regarding
accessibility.  so, at this point...you know.

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefoot,
Ray
Home phone and fax: