[bct] Re: Employment and blindness

  • From: Buddy Brannan <buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 16:36:18 -0500

Understand that in no way am I defending your boss, Joanie. I'm not. Ideally, people should know better. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean they necessarily do. I've had 'em too. The other trap we hit is that the best a lot of us can get is entry-level, go-nowhere, no-promotion type of jobs. The people who hire us have donee their bit to help out the blind, or whatever. We've got a job and should be grateful. Fortunately, some of us have overcome and gotten the right breaks and been put in contact with the right sort of people (you know, the kind who either want to learn different, could learn different, or had the capacity at least to change--or already intrensically knew that the stereotypes aren't necessarily correct.) I hope that some day soon, we'll see more of these kinds of bosses and more of these kinds of breaks.
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV | Work from home the Watkins way!
Email: buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx | Your phone and computer can really pay!
888-75-BUDDY (888-752-8339) | More info at http://www.tastybiz.com
AIM/Skype/Yahoo: kb5elv | Check out the extensive selection of
MSN: kb5elv@xxxxxxxxxxx | Watkins' essential products:
http://buddy.brannan.name | http://www.tastyshop.net