[bct] Eloquence Fun

  • From: "Dana Niswonger" <dniswonger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 22:51:17 -0600

Hi Friends:
My day has been a little frustrating, probably not really on the beam.  As I
started the day with a good boy post, I thought I'd end it with a bad boy post.
 For those of us who use Eloquence as our synthesizer, here is a little trick
to try.  First, make sure that you know how to restart your computer if speech
goes dead.  What I am about to share will indeed cause Eloquence to crash.  I
have found a string of characters unaccounted for in the original phonemes
table and it reeks havoc in most computers.  There is a fix for this that I
will post later.  I will put periods between the letters so as not to cause
your computers to crash.
c.a.e.s.u.r.e.
Simply remove the periods from this string, making it into a whole word and see
what happens if you let your screen reader read it as part of a line or as a
whole word.  You can read it one character at a time with no problem.

Dana Paul Niswonger
Honestly imperfect.
Living Life to It's Fullness