[bct] Re: Edirol

  • From: "Kristian Whawell" <kwhawell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:25:38 -0000

I've not really played with my iriver H340 all that much yet, although I've found it does an amazing recording job! I find that the hard disk isn't running all the time when in record mode, it sort of cuts in and out every few minutes, like it's buffering data, then writing it all in to the hard disk and buffering more, that is probably why you get a long record time out of it.now that I've installed rockbox to it, although it recomends you don't because it's under development I find it's stable enough for what I need, and probably for you guys too, it's easy to install too, I shall be doing a pod cast about this when I have the time. I'd like to point out that I was using the Iriver firmware when doing the recordings, not rockbox, I will be trying that feature soon, I like the idea where you can get the iriver h340 to either boot up to rockbox, or go in to the iriver firmware just by holding down record at boot up if you don't hold record it will assume rockbox, holding record and pressing play for a couple of seconds will start in what I call Iriver mode, I found though that it can be crashed if, you switch off from iriver and then go to rockbox too fast, I would recomend wait 10 seconds between turning off the iriver when in one mode either rock box or iriver, and switching in to the other, it can hang, mine has done that twice so far, on both occasions I was leaving the iriver firmware and going in to run rockbox.