[bct] Ed Potter and podcasting

  • From: Mike Busboom <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:05:13 +0200

Hello to Larry and everyone else,

I have been lurking but felt a need to step in with perhaps one or two observations:

1. The subject line has nothing to do with the current thread of conversation and I almost missed this fascinating discourse since I read somewhat selectively. I decided to change my subject line.

2. As far as Turning Playback into a podcast is concerned, I believe that the way to best assist Ed would be for us to get his permission to allow one of us to turn his cassette offerings, the media with which he is most familiar, into podcasts. Ed needs total freedom to work in the medium that he knows and loves. He won't do sound editing and I do not believe that he himself would ever post to the Internet. However, if we could (1) get his permission to turn his materials into podcasts, (2) post the content for him and (3) assist him with collecting his subscription fees ... then we might have a chance to disseminate his wonderful contributions to a larger audience. As far as bringing his distribution methods into the 21st century, I don't believe that Ed is really interested in tackling a project that would involve such a steep learning curve right now ... but that's just my opinion.

At 04:32 PM 3/22/2006, you wrote:
If Ed's here, I'll grab him. Does anyone know for sure? He actulaly called about a month ago or so and wanted to interview me about bct, but we haven't been able to get back together.