[bct] Easy CD Creator and accessibility

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 10:29:33 -0500

Well, here is an interesting tidbit for you all.  I keep getting email
from Roxio who makes Easy CD Creator.  So, yesterday I wrote them the
following message.

I am a blind user of Easy CD Creator 6.2.  I have not updated any
further because I am told by other persons who are blind and use screen
readers that you have made your application totally inaccessible to
myself and others who use screen readers.  If you can assure me that the
new version is accessible, or that I could try a trial version that
would not totally screw up the version I have, I might be interested.
If this is not possible, please remove my name from your database and I
will become a Nero customer.
Thanks for your efforts in accessibility in your earlier software.

The gist of their message is below.
We have unsubscribed you from our mailing list.

Well, I guess that just about says it all.