[bct] Dreams and precognition [Was: Sleep patterns]

  • From: Tim Cross <tcross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 12:40:22 +1100

Hi Rose,

I'm totally with you on the subconscious and dreams and beleive there
is some level of precognition possible. I had a very strong and
disturbing experience with this about 15 years ago.

Unfortunately, this is both an interesting and very sad tale. About 20
years ago, I met this increadibly beautiful woman called Belinda - we
all called her B. She was absolutely stunning in appearance and had a
wonderful personality. We developed a very strong friendship. However,
as often happens, our lives took us in different directions and we
wouldn't see each other very often as she left town to live somewhere
else. However, almost without fail, I would suddenly think about her
one day and within the week she would magically appear.

One day, B turned up and announced she was pregnant. this was an
exciting thing. She was no longer with the father, but that didn't
seem to matter. then about 11 months later, she showed up with her new
son, Oscar. When she gave me Oscar to hold, I got this overwhelming
sense of doom and something told me this child was not going to
survive. This was extremely unsettling, especially as I had to keep
this to myself. There was no way I could express what I felt to B or
even tell anyone else - I just knew they would think I was mad.

A few months later, I woke up one morning feeling really bad. I just
knew something awful had happened and I knew it involved B. I had
experienced a very disturbing dream in which I met B in this cafe we
used to go to and she told me Oscar was dead. The feeling was so
strong, I actually jumped out of bed, showered and rushed into the
cafe. I was surprised when I entered the cafe to find B was not
thee. This was a relief as it meant my dream was just that, a dream. I
decided to stop and have a coffee. Halft way through my coffee, B
walked intot he cafe. One look at her and I knew things were not
good. She had obviously been crying. It turned out she had been at the
cafe, but had left to go to my place and find me. My housemates had
told her I'd gone to the cafe. The bad news was that Oscar had died
during the night, it was a suspected cott death.

Unfortunately, as this is not hollywood, there is no happy ending. I
no longer see B and we no longer seem to have that subconcious
connection. After Oscar's death, B had a very rough time. She ended up
becoming addicted to heroin. The woman I had known for so many years
and who had been so beautiful soon wasted away. Last time I saw her,
her beautiful flawless skin was scared with acne, she was skinny and
unhealthy looking and her eyes were now dull and had lost their
wonderful sparkle. I've not heard anyting about B in many years now. I
don't even know if she is still alive. I hope she has found peace one
way or another and has managed to reach some level of contentment.

I've had other less intense experiences which seem to have similar
pre-cognitive elements to them. However, as they are less intense, I'm
never sure if they are real or just coincidence. Unfortunately, all of
them have been about negative things - people becoming sick, having
accidents or unfortunate events. None have had the impact of B and
Oscar, which I'm pleased about. It wold be good if I had a few
positive one though.

I'm probably a spiritual person, but I'm not a religious one. I find
to much contradiction in christianity, though if I had to choose a
religious doctrine, I'd probably go with the "Society of Friends"
(commonly known as Quakers in the slang). I like their stance of
religious belief being a private experience and their tendency to
emphasise non-judgemental attitudes and showing what you believe in by
doing rather than preaching and their stance on the environment,
pacifism etc.

Tim