[bct] Re: Dreaming

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 09:52:59 -0800

Rose,

I guess I've forgotten what stereo hearing is like. I have dreams in which I imagine getting it back, but when I wake up I know the dream wasn't anything like the real thing was. I guess dreams help you accept reality. When my mother died five years ago, I had lots of dreams about her. She was the type who tried to control our lives, especially mine; I was the last person she could hold on to, and it was such a release and sense of freedom when she was gone; sad, but for me it was also freeing. One night I had a dream that she and I were having a phone conversation, and I told her, "Mom, I can't talk to you any more, you died." Then I woke up. It was like I finally won the battle to be free of her. It was a dramatic dream, but very healing for me.

Mary