[bct] Re: Dreaming

  • From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:26:17 -0700

One recurrent dream for me is that I have crossed a street almost but just
as I almost reach the curb something happens and I turn to a statue, no
matter how hard I try I cannot step up on the curb or move toward it and the
light changes and I wake up in a cold sweat.  It is one of the times I have
absolutely no control of the dream, I cannot run, fly, jump, I just have to
stand there.  I started having this dream about the time I started learning
to do street crossings with a cane and whenever I am really stressed it
comes back.

One night I was dreaming a dog was biting me on the butt, and although
normally I may scream in a dream I have never actually talked in my sleep
that I know of but this time I started hollering help, help!  My husband was
in the shower and heard me, came running only to find me sound asleep, he
woke me and I told him the dog--our friendly Lab, Charles was biting me and
he told me Charles was sleeping out in the living room.  It was weird.

My husband says I don't talk in my sleep normally, but he says he has
suspected when he has asked me a question late at night about Word Perfect
and now Word that I might answer him in my sleep because I don't generally
remember him asking or giving an answer the next day.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx