[bct] Re: Dreaming

  • From: "Paula Waby" <paulawaby@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 18:16:48 +1300

Hi Everyone.

I have been listening and reading with great fascination about people's dream experiences. Many of mine sound quite similar to yours, Mary. In particular, I used to have and sometimes still do have dreams where I am falling. Mostly they're when in a plane, but I recall one when I was falling backwards off a swing. I have lots of dreams about rushing somewhere that I know I'm not going to make. These seem to be centred around schools or work places. I'm usually packing and running late and get really stressed about the timeframes. I have lately started having dreams where I'm a passenger in a car and the driver is passing another driver. The engine is revved up really high, we're going really fast, and I am terrified that we are going to be hit head-on. I know that often these sorts of dreams signify other stuff going on in one's life but I'm not sure what these ones relate to. I'm blind in these dreams. I lost all my sight by the age of two years and never dream in colour or anything like that. I often am driving though or know someone across the road even though I couldn't if I didn't see. I sometimes am using my dog and it might be Enya my current Guide or Tosca my previous one. I also have lots of dreams with Tosca in them. She is no longer with me, having been put to sleep at almost 15 when her organs shut down after she developed diabetes. I really enjoy the dreams when she is present as I strongly believe it really is her reassuring me that she is happy or watching over me. Unlike many on the list who have spoken out, I do not believe in a God necesssarily but I do believe there is some sort of after-life and I am very interested in things spiritual.

Paula and Enya.