[bct] Dreaming

  • From: "Lois Goodine" <al419@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindcooltech" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:57:48 -0800

Interesting comments about dreams are coming forth.  Another good topic!  I had
some sight until some time before school age.  I'm not sure now just when I
became totally blind, but I may have been four years of age.  So I have not
mentally focused  on things visual.  I think I remember accurately, basic
colors; but not various shades and hues which have been given odd names like
camel, tope, peuce, etc.  Usually I don't dream in color.  Most of the time my
dreams don't have visual content.  But strangely, once in a while I do dream in
vivid color. At times in dreams I have seen bright, well manicured lawns
bordered by white sidewalks.  Other times I've seen the black medium sized dog I
grew up with. Dreams seem to have much to do with what's going on in one's head,
and what's in the memory and subconscious.