[bct] Does your talent submission need to be copyrighted?

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:59:41 -0600

I was asked this question off list and thought it a subject for all.

Does my talent I submit have to be something I own the copyright to?
NO, I'm only concerned that it not belong to someone else.  However, if
you do want to copyright your material at some point in the future, you
run the risk of allowing someone else to claim it as their own if they
happen to find it on the site. This would be a bit hard if it were your
own voice, but people could certainly copyright your original melody and
if it is instrumental, then some unscrupulous person could certainly
claim that it was something they wrote.
Just a warning if you are concerned about such things.

Neal Ewers
Ravenswood Productions
Local phone:  608-277-1995
Toll Free:  888-544-8332