[bct] Re: Digital recorders for Dummies

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:53:12 -0500

Joni, digital recording is not really a lot different from recording on a cassette recorder, there are just more things you can do with the recording.

Just as with tape, you can start as simple as you wish and become as complex and expensive as you wish and your pocketbook can afford without screaming too loudly.

In my case, I had done a lot of professional audio engineering back when digital was a gleam in somebody's eye, and am just now getting back into things, so there is a learning curve even for those of us with older experience.

Never hesitate to ask questions, no matter how simple they are. My experience in owning more lists than I can number is that for everyone brave enough to ask a seemingly simple or silly question, there are ten more who are so very grateful you asked because they are scared to do so.