[bct] Re: Digital Recorder for Sustained Use

  • From: "Reed Poynter" <Reed.Poynter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:47:16 -0800

Hi Neal,

Is there a completely accessible digital recorder that will:
(Hmmm, what does completely accessible mean?)

Have a relatively long battery life,
use removable flash memory (2/4gb),
have optional automatic record level adjustment,
have internal and external mic,
Have line in,
have speaker as well as headphone (speaker not absolutely necessary),
record wave files,
play a number of compression types (MP3's, WMA secured or otherwise etc.),
bookmark,
play speed adjust,
Fast forward and rewind,
and be relatively small (about the size of the bookport)?  The PlexTalk is
too big.

What choices are there in the Less than $500, $500-$800 and $800-$1,200
price ranges?
Or, who comes closest?

Reed

----