[bct] Re: Digital Recorder for Sustained Use

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 07:03:42 -0800

Robert, one machine that hasn't gotten much mentin here, because of its high price, is the Plextalk. It is large and co do even more than it does for its price, but it is also entirely accessible and very good quality. I know of a little-used PTR! available for an asking price of $500.00. They don't advertise it, but apparently it is stil possible to make the unit play RFB books as well. If fast listening on your player is a factor, the Plextalk and the minidisk recorder sold by IRTI are among the few options one has. I wish the unit cost less than it does, but since I'm using its daisy book creation capabilities, speed listening, and perhaps rfb playback, the unit was a tolerable buy for me and I like it.