[bct] Digital Recorder Dilemma

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 05:16:31 -0700

Hi all,

I poked around on the Sound Professionals web site and Amazon and couldn't find
anything promising. The high-end ones on the SP site were over $2,000; there
was one for about $400 but it uses minidiscs which defeats the whole purpose of
portability. I looked at some Sony recorders and they use memory sticks and I
suspect the quality doesn't measure up.

I noticed the lack of low-end sould on the podcasts recorded with the WS200S,
and compared that to the latest one where there's much more frequency range; on
the WS200S the cars sound like they are on a wet street, but the Olympus and
iRiver make them sound more realistic. Not sure if that's what other people
noticed or not. I may go for the WS320 anyway since I would really like the
higher capacity and it doesn't make much difference with the kind of stuff I

After briefly looking around, things don't look too promising. I noticed that
some companies are combining digital voice with small cameras.