[bct] Re: Digest

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:58:23 -0600

hi. The only problem with this approach is that it could really become confusing after a while. how would you ever know whose message you're replying to without first changing the subject line? In all the popular e-mail programs, the prefix Re: is appended to the subject line, so that people know that your e-mail is in response to someone else's. Take this very message for example. I'm replying to Beth's message, so when people look at their e-mail, they'll see my name, and when reading the subject line, they'll see the subject line of: "re: digest.
If we all started a new message, you'd see the same or very similar subject lines. If you're reading by conversation in Outlook, or deleting an entire thread in Eudora, this could cause a whole bunch of problems. So yes the digest may be good, but I'd say a good idea is to try and maintain the subject line and put that re: in there if you're replying to someone so everybody can stay on track.
Just my thoughts.

At 10:01 AM 2/17/2006, you wrote:
Hey, guys, I'm now using the digest form and it is much more efficient.  I
would like to suggest something:  How about not replying to messages, start
a new one instead because, that way, using digest, I don't believe you would
get the string of prior messages on that topic again.  It's time-wasting to
have to scroll through them, as you have already read them.  Thanks.  Beth