[bct] Re: Dell Nightmares-- Larry's walk

  • From: "Bill Belew" <bill@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 15:18:17 -0800

You are right  Neal.  I often setup Dell computers for clients and I have to
spend half a day just removing all the trialware and free software that Dell
get paid by software developers to put on their systems.  I have had good
luck with Dell desktop systems and have even gotten to be pretty good at
getting what I need from their tech support.  I have learned that I'm more
likely to get knowledgeable help if I call during normal business hours and
I avoid nights and weekends when possible.

I have also found their laptops to be less reliable than their desktops.