[bct] Darren's color detector

  • From: "Joni Colver" <joni.colver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCT" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:07:25 -0600

Darren I have one of the older and more expensive color detectors from
Caretec.  After listening to your podcast I decided to buy the one you
demonstrated.  I have been very impressed by the unit.  My more expensive
and older model never did a good job with white or green.  My husband is
definitely happy to now hear a report of white rather than light pink
underwear.  Smile!

I have RP and have had a lot of vision loss in the last year or two and I
now need the color detector to sort clothes for laundry and to distinguish
colors of shirts and sweaters that feel very similar other than the color.
I use some Braille labels with some of my own clothes but not in my
husband's clothes.  He is partially sighted and has no color vision
whatsoever so this will be helpful to us both.  I also like the fact that it
has an earphone jack because I always feel conspicuous in a store using the
older model.  Thanks for the demonstration.  Your podcasts are always lots
of fun.  Hope you are feeling better following your recent surgery.