[bct] Dana's Proverbs 101

  • From: "Dana Niswonger" <dniswonger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:36:31 -0600

Hi Friends:
Norman Craft, known to me as Gordy once ask me to write something on how I feel
about the way Jesus dealt with those who are blind like us in the Bible.  I did
so and here is what I wrote.

Some times, I think we can best learn from what our Lord did not do when
confronted with a situation rather than what he did do to resolve a problem.
When Jesus walked on this Earth, he did his best for every blind beggar that he
met, he healed them!  What he did not do was to just whip off a loaf of
bread and two fishes so the man wouldn't have to beg for food that day.  What
he also did not do was to change the man's flask of water into wine so he
could go sit under a tree, get drunk and forget about his problems as a beggar
that day.  Jesus restored the man's sight!  The man could now go get a job as a
chariot driver
or something to support himself so he would never have to beg again.
If we as Christians are to serve our Lord by doing our very best then we must
learn to charge ourselves with the responsibility of finding the best, not
the easiest solution to any problem we face on behalf of others this day.
Today, I will strive to find the best way, not the easiest one!
With love and Brotherhood:  Dana Niswonger