[bct] Re: Dana, Jeff and Lynnette's Experiences

  • From: "Jake Joehl" <jajoehl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 20:48:55 -0600

Hi Mary. Sorry for replying a bit late but I've been caught up in the
planning stages for a pizza party for a new resident in my building. She
moved in today and the party was tonight, and it was great fun. The thing I
really like about living in this building, aside from the fact that the
people who run this independent-living agency really do get it, is that
we're like one big happy family. I think I mentioned in a previous posting
how we always support one another through good and bad times. One of those
bad times was late last year when one of our neighbors' eldest sons passed
away very suddenly. I thought everyone really pulled together and was very
supportive of the family, and still are. They are Jewish and had a shivah,
which I had never been to before. For those who don't know what a shivah is, it is kind of like a visitation before a funeral. I'm not sure of the direct translation for shivah. Tons of people went, including my parents. I went with my roommate and his mom. Anyway, this list is also like one big happy family.