[bct] Re: Dana, Jeff and Lynnette's Experiences

  • From: "Anthony on laptop" <santhonyr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:23:07 -0600

I too know what it's like to lose your hearing.  I'm about  90 percent deaf.  I
started losing it when I was about 6 or 7 years old.  Luckily, both ears have
about the same amount of damage, so I can still tell where things are, and I
can still do some light traveling.  I'm leary about crossing really busy
streets, but where there's a will, there's a way.  I was born blind, so I never
had any sight to miss, but I can remember being able to hear things like a
dog's toenails clicking across the floor, and I miss sounds like that.  I can
still enjoy my music, but when it comes to making recordings, I don't always
trust my own hearing to tell me if the quality is good.  I have a sony dynamic
microphone that has both left and right channel microphones, as well as one at
the top, or center.  I'll dig up the model number and send it in.  I am curious
to know if anyone else has used it, and for those who have good hearing, I
would really like to knkow how it compares.  It was about 80 dollars, so it
wasn't cheap, but there are definitely more expensive moddles out there.