[bct] Re: DS2 with built-in software to set DS2 menus

  • From: "Hope" <musicofhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:15:55 -0500

Hi Jamie.
Actually, I did need sighted assistance only to read the install in what
language settup combo box, then Jaws read the rest.  When I purchased the plus
upgrade, the only thing it asks for is the key off of the software Cd sleeve,
which is, I believe the serial number.  After that, it closed the program and
then when I reconnected the USB cable to the recorder, I found the option of
"Configure recorder menu," and, intrigued, I clicked on it and beheld a whole
host of new options.  The sad thing about all of this is that you have to pay
an extra $10 to upgrade to plus, i.e. get more accessibility.  If you're
willing to do that, then by all means give it a try. I must say it is worth it,
in my opinion, because you can pretty much set any of the menu options with the
PC.
I only use the plus upgrade to configure the menus, but it's nice to be able to
know exactly what all of your settings are, not just one or two.

Hope