[bct] Re: Curious about Apple computers

  • From: Buddy Brannan <buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 17:42:56 -0500

Hi Brian,

Generally, no. I don't have a problem with the Safari browser. I wish it read text automatically (especially when there's lots of text), but that's not a big deal, as I usually end up browsing text a paragraph or line or whatever at a time anyway. The biggest issue I have is that sometimes, it's time-consuming to skip over large amounts of material, say, repeated stuff at the top of the page. This problem is helped considerably when you turn on "Group items" or whatever it's called in the Voiceover preferences, but for large pages (at least on my old slow G3/500 iBook dual USB) it really slows the computer down. I expect a faster machine would solve this problem. A faster machine with more Ram :) But I got this one pretty cheap for the purpose of evaluating Tiger...which I did, and I like it a lot. Once I can afford a better Mac, you bet I'm getting one! Also, some pages are a bit tricky to navigate, and I'd like to see the ability to have Voiceover read off the filename of unlabeled graphics instead of saying "'mage", but usually neither is a show- stopper.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV | Work from home the Watkins way!
Email: buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx | Your phone and computer can really pay!