[bct] Re: Curious about Apple computers

  • From: "J Garcia" <j.garcia235@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 13:55:52 -0800

Brian,

A few months ago there was an audio interview you might want to listen to
regarding a visually impaired person using the MAC accessibility functions.
click on the link and your audio player should launch. Please keep in mind
that there are 2 parts to this interview. You can find the interview at:

http://www.acbradio.org/pweb/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=19

This may turn out to be one of the most significant developments of the year
for blind computer users. Apple have recently released OSX 10.4 which
includes Voice Over, a screen access tool for users of the Apple Mac.
We talk with Jerry Halatyn from new York who is an experienced professional
Mac user and beta tester of the software. Jerry tells us about Voice Over,
how
it works, and why for the first time in years, the blind community may want
to seriously consider Apple as a genuinely accessible alternative.

Thanks,

J Garcia