[bct] Re: Copyright

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 20:02:28 -0500

The problem, Mary, is that you told us about your idea and now, it is publically noted. I understand your desire to have the music while you read, it would make it more interesting and artistic, I agree. But, even music in the background intentionally played will probably violate the law. You might never be harrassed by anyone, but I would hate for you to encounter difficulty because of it. The decision is yours, of course, but my un-lawyerly advice would be to just do the reading.

I know, it is a pain, I sympathize, but they did not ask me before writing the law.