[bct] Re: Confused about music we can use

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <nu7i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:26:17 -0700

Hi Lois,

Though I am certainly not a lawyer, here's the rule of thumb I use when deciding whether or not it is OK for podcasting:
Is it public domain?
Is it available on Garageband or Podsafe Music Network?
Do you have permission from the artist who "owns the masters" and otherwise has full rights to grant you permission?

If the answer to at least one of the questions above is "yes" then you should be fine to podcast.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lois Goodine" <al419@xxxxxxxxxxx>