[bct] Re: Confused about music we can use

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:22:27 -0500

Hi Lois,

The actual classical music is long out of copyright, but the performance, that will remain copyrighted for 75 years after the death of the last performer.

There are some sites that offer royalty free music, magnatunes.com is one I use and others have used. They will allow you to use their music in a non-commercial podcast as long as you give them credit at the end of the cast. Of course, you can use anything you have permission for, but to be safe for everyone involved, it is good practice not to use commercially produced and copyrighted music.