[bct] Computer sound cards

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 12:04:19 -0600

This is the same message I sent to Bill earlier but I should have
changed the subject to be more  appropriate.  So, you can skip the one
called microphones.

Neal

Bill, I use the Audiophile 2496 PCI Digital I/O Card.  Check out

http://www.core-sound.com/products.php

It has both analog and digital inputs and outputs.  Its line in signal
to noise is incredible.  The only thing you may not like is that it has
no microphone inputs.  Their assumption is that you will be using a mike
pre-amp.  However, they make a variety of cards but I don't know if any
of them have a microphone input.  Of course, you could always do what I
do and that is to have two sound cards, one of which has a microphone
input.  The card is somewhat hard to get your arms around in terms of
understanding their input routing matrix.  It also has a mixing section
with sliders which have become more useable with newer versions of JAWS.

They do have other cards.  The list is as follows with the first one
being the one I own.

? M-Audio's Audiophile 2496 PCI Digital I/O Card (PC and Mac)
? M-Audio's Audiophile USB: Dual-Channel 24-bit/96 KS/s USB Digital
Audio Interface (PC and Mac) ? M-Audio's FireWire Audiophile:
Dual-Channel 24-bit/96 KS/s FireWire Digital Audio Interface (PC and
Mac) ? M-Audio's Transit USB 24/96 Digital and Analog Audio Interface

I hope this helps.  If you have additional questions, please don't
hesitate to ask.

Neal