[bct] Re: Comment to Lynnette on language

  • From: Slythy_Tove <mcg907@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:15:51 -0800 (PST)

One of my friends who was born and raised locally and is a retired grammar
teacher commented that you know you are in Massachusetts if you can use the
terms good, wicked and pissa in the same sentence.  Apparently pissa means
really, really good.  As in that was "wicked pissa good beah."

I responded that since I am a cheechako here I am not famliar with the patois.
In my little world Chicken is a town and a type of fowl, Fox is north of
Fairbanks and something you skin and wear on your head as a cap in the winter
after tanning the hide, yak means to vomit and is not a local type of animal,
mushing involves dogs, not cereal grains, and Egegik is a village, not a sound
you make when tickled for too long.