[bct] Combining files with different sampling rates

  • From: Robert Carter <r-carter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:09:11 -0600

Hi All,

The Talking Communities client that we use in the bct chat room records the chat files at a sampling rate of 16,000. I normally record my podcast at a sampling rate of 44,100. I am wanting to mix a file from the chat room with a podcast using Studio Recorder. Studio Recorder gives me an error because the sampling rates do not match. When I change the sampling rate on the file that was recorded at 16,000 to 44,100, it, of course, makes the file sound like the chipmunks. Studio Recorder has a pitch control for playback which allows me to bring the pitch back to normal. I have not been able to find a way to save the file with the pitch changed. Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

I am hoping to use Studio Recorder for this but could use Sound Forge if necessary.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert Carter