[bct] Re: Clarification

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:01:52 -0500

Beth, you don't have to say it is your opinion. The sum and substance of any company producing a product and remaining solvent is sales. That is not an opinion, it is a solid fact. You were absolutely correct. You are also correct about FS and government contracts. Said contracts are not bad, of course, but they are why FS remains solvent.

It would be nice if there were a government program to offer tax credits for companies making accessible devices to help offset the low sales figures they will invariably encounter.

This would mean increased tax revenues in the long run for it is simple to understand that a company who is solvent will pay taxes, one that is not will, odds are, go into chapter 11 and pay nobody, taxes, creditors...nobody. So, helping these small companies is in everybody's interest.

Problem with this is that it makes sense, and we're after all, talking about the federal government. Oh, never mind, if it makes sense, they surely won't do it. I need another Scotch.

Dan, where's the Knockando...