[bct] Church

  • From: "beth" <fb-oe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:53:11 -0500

I was asked if both parents were Catholic.  Not at first.  My mom wanted to
become Catholic after meeting a woman who always had so much peace about
her, went to Mass daily and Mom wanted what she had.  So, Mom took classes
and became Catholic and found what she was looking for.  Dad was raised
Catholic.  It was so interesting to see their varied reactions to Vatican
2--the Church council which made many changes, including the Mass being said
in the vernacular instead of Latin.  This is a generalization:  Dad and
those raised Catholic were disturbed.   Mom, on the other hand, was
accepting, as were others who became Catholic later, I dare say.  I loved
the majesty of the old ceremonies when I was a small child but hated Latin
when I grew older.  I now love the modern music, the flow of the English
Liturgy and the timely homilies by the priests and deacons.  Beth