[bct] Re: Church

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 15:53:33 -0800

Steve,

It's difficult when your priest or pastor has something against you. For a while I played piano during communion time at church; one time I guess I played the wrong song, and afterward my pastor approached me and requested rather pointedly that I not play any more. I asked somebody else about this, and they said he was under stress and it was showing in his recent decisions and words. He apparently forgot about his words and actions, though, because later that year he was back to his usual self, and asked me to lead the music part of the service, which was an interesting experience since I didn't know how to do the visual signals to indicate when to start and stop a song; we were very small though, and I guess those folks knew the songs backwards and forwards. So they just followed what I was doing and singing and it worked out ok.

Mary