[bct] Re: Christmas, a la Neal

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 23:26:47 -0600

Phil.  Questions and answers below

Does your postage free offer apply only to, http://www.ravenswood.org
and not, http://cdbaby.com/cd/ewers2
Yes.  I can't control the postage at cd baby.

Do you have details as to what equipment you used to do the recordings?
Most of them were done with quasi binaural microphones from Danish pro
Audio.  You wear them much as you do the ones from sound professionals
but they do not go in the ear canals.  They are like binaural mikes with
the exception that their technology attempts to make the sound work as
well on speakers as it does in head phones.

Did you do any post recording editing and filtering?

I did very little to the sound after it was recorded.  I did filter some
of the low sound out of the bird sounds, but the complete frequency of
the bird songs is in tact.