[bct] Re: Chocolate

  • From: Slythy_Tove <mcg907@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 18:24:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi Maria,

We have Atkins milk in all the grocery stores here and New England is
incredibly retro, so I figure everywhere has it now.  They have Chocolate,
Whole, 2% and a low-fat version.  The whole milk is almost like drinking 1/2
and 1/2 so if I get regular Atkins milk I use 2% unless I am making some sort
of protein shake - then it can practically hold the spoon up. (smile)  Even Dan
likes it and he usually does not like low-carb products.

Warning:  Wash up the cup quickly - it is thickened with carageenan and it
dries sort of hard, like one would expect of microscopically small pieces of
seaweed.

I do wish it would hold heat better on its own, but when mixed with coffee for
a mocha effect it is just grand and it stays warm longer.  Makes a nice winter
drink along with my green tea.

Maria <malyn87@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:       Hi, thanks for the info.  Do I get
this  chocolate milk at a special store or website?

 Maria