[bct] Re: Cell phones

  • From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:11:10 -0600

You're right there.  The fact is I can do a big part of all that on my cell,
and it is small.  The only problem is that at this point it is also way to slow
on the internet and doing very many email messages even with a Braille keyboard.

However, there are several PDAs coming out from companies like HP that have a
phone built into them, and the reports as to how they are working with software
like MobileSpeak Pocket would make me believe that we are just months away from
having some very nice solutions that are small, reliable, accessible, and will
have cell phone, internet, notetaker, calendar, address book, media player, and
a lot more for a total price of no more than $1000 to $1200, including the
speech software.  And, Pocket Hal isn't to far behind MobileSpeak Pocket.