[bct] Re: Cell Phones and Singular

  • From: Buddy Brannan <buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 11:31:11 -0500

On Mar 7, 2006, at 10:50 AM, Jamie Pauls wrote:

Thanks. I like those clear concise answers. <smile>

Sorry, is your sarcasm showing? Seriously, so long as the phone is a seris 60 phone supported by one of the screen readers, it will work on whichever network, so long as it's unlocked and can accept a different SIM card.

Unlocking these phones is a matter of generating an unlock code and typing it into the phone with no SIM card installed. This code can be generated by software downloadable off the Internet, or you can pay a couple bucks and have the code sent to you. The code must be entered carefully, though, as if you enter it five times total incorrectly, you won't be able to unlock the phone from its current provider.

Or, as I said, you can buy an already unlocked handset. This is more expensive, but you can use it on any provider. In other words, you can buy a Nokia 6682 that's unlocked and use it on T-Mobile, a carrier who doesn't carry this phone.

Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV       | Work from home the Watkins way!
Email: buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx   | Your phone and computer can really pay!
888-75-BUDDY (888-752-8339) | More info at http://www.tastybiz.com
AIM/Skype/Yahoo: kb5elv     | Check out the extensive selection of
MSN: kb5elv@xxxxxxxxxxx     | Watkins' essential products:
http://buddy.brannan.name | http://www.tastyshop.net