[bct] Cast 209 and some other thoughts

  • From: "Dana Niswonger" <dniswonger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 02:35:03 -0600

Hi Friends:
First, let me say that when I post to all from now on, I will use the
salutation, friends.  I have read enough to know and been touched very close to
my heart by the open, frank discussions we have shared.  I just finished
listening to show 209 and like 208, I felt there is a creative flow rapidly
developing because of all our contributions.  Larry, don't give changing your
interview style much thought.  I really enjoyed the one with Carol and sent her
a thanks e-mail.  Your willingness to share your own discomforts and
inadequacies only increases my courage to do the same.  Regarding eating, in
truth, I use all the methods you have all mentioned.  Sometimes, I let my wife
cut meat for me, when I am at home, she loves to be a helper.  When I am out
for a meal, I have both ordered something easy to eat and taken on the
challenge of emasculating a stake for myself.  Like Kai, I like sharp stake
knifes for cutting any meat.  We eat country fried stake and French fries,
covered in gravy at home and my simple answer to not making a mess is to use a
Pyrex pie plate my wife has so as not to slop this wonderful messy meal all
over myself.  Jerry, thanks for the technical portions of the cast as I am very
interested in microphones, I'm still considering what to buy for creating my
own casts, any suggestions?  Finally, my comments would not be in any way
complete without proclaiming how much laughter came to me from Lunette's
portion of her shopping trip in New York, you go girl!  Your interactions with
everyone you met remind me of so many times my wife and me have been able to
change the demeanor of people around us just by laughing and having a good
time.  I certainly hope to hear more from you in future pod casts.  Keep up the
great creative flow everyone and I'm sure Larry will produce some classic casts
for us, I must admit that I am keeping our list a bit of a secret from other
blind folks I know, you have all become so dear to me so fast and I don't want
to upset the wonderful balance we have accomplished.  Have a safe, productive
day all!