[bct] Re: Carrying cups of hot liquid.

  • From: "Graham Lewis" <Graham.Lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:01:37 +0000

Oh boy this all brings back a bunch of memories I have tried to forget.  There
could be a society for people who I have whacked in the back of the head with a
tray or splilled beer on over the years.

Just call me Dangerous.

>>> maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/05/06 04:00pm >>>

Oh, you are so right about carrying food trays! I recall my times at the
Orientation Center for the Blind in 1969, and my college days living in a
dorm and going to the crowded dining room. One technique I ended up using
was, If you have to put a glass of milk on the tray, move it to the upper
right corner. Put your right hand around the glass so you won't knock it
over if you run into somebody or something. Then hold the tray the best you
can, in both hands, and you can just walk around and ask when you get to a
table. The problem with this is, it takes a bunch of coordination and
walking real slow and sort of knowing where the tables are. Then there is
the problem of knowing if anybody at a table will answer you or not. If not,
then they get conked on the head when your tray runs into them! <grin>