[bct] Re: Carrying cups of hot liquid.

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 08:00:38 -0800

Jake,

Oh, you are so right about carrying food trays! I recall my times at the Orientation Center for the Blind in 1969, and my college days living in a dorm and going to the crowded dining room. One technique I ended up using was, If you have to put a glass of milk on the tray, move it to the upper right corner. Put your right hand around the glass so you won't knock it over if you run into somebody or something. Then hold the tray the best you can, in both hands, and you can just walk around and ask when you get to a table. The problem with this is, it takes a bunch of coordination and walking real slow and sort of knowing where the tables are. Then there is the problem of knowing if anybody at a table will answer you or not. If not, then they get conked on the head when your tray runs into them! <grin>

Mary