[bct] Re: Carrying cups of hot liquid.

  • From: "Joni Colver" <joni.colver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:12:02 -0600

I generally use the cups and saucers that came with my set of Corelware
dishes.  The cup is more of a mug shape and is a bit larger than lots of
coffee cups that have saucers.  I hold my little and ring fingers under the
saucer, the next two fingers above the saucer on the side of the cup below
the handle, with my thumb through the handle.  If a little sloshes out,
which luckily generally does not happen, it will be more likely to go into
the saucer rather than the floor.  But, whatever method you use remember to
be very careful because a couple of months ago I was distracted, not paying
attention and bumped the corner of a wall and sloshed hot coffee onto the
back of my hand and it caused a painful burn.  I don't think I would attempt
to carry a tray with glasses or cups full of liquid because it seems like
the larger the item being carried it would be more likely to bump the tray
into something or tilt it and spill something.

I carry cups of coffee upstairs several times a day and the only time I have
spilled any so far is the above incident.  Wish it had spilled onto the
floor or saucer instead!