[bct] Re: Card reader problems. Please help.

  • From: Scott Howell <s.howell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 17:46:05 -0500

 do you have another card or reader you can try

Scott

On Feb 4, 2006, at 9:56 PM, John Moore wrote:

You and I might have the same one. I took it out, put it back in, and
checked the sides. Nothing is wrong. It is still not recognizing it.
BTW, mine only has one slot that the CF card will fit in.

On 2/4/06, Debbie Gillespie <dgillespie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I also had this problem in the beginning and the card was not seated
properly.

Take it right out and start again. It may seem firmly in place when you
press down, but make sure it is secure on the sides.

I found it best to guide it in closer to the lower edge of the card reader
but each one is slightly different.
If you have a spare card to practice with that might be good.
also, it seems obvious I'm sure, but be sure you are place the card in the
correct slot of the reader.
Mine has 4 slots for various card types.