[bct] Re: Can it really be heard?

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 08:49:54 -0600

Slithy, on TV, there was a program on bats a few years ago.  One of the
things they discovered is that if you put a bat into a room with a
window, it will hear all the walls and the window with its radar.  So
far, so good.  It won't fly into any of the walls.  But, when it
approaches the window, even though its radar says there is something
there, the bat sees through the window and at that point decides to
ignore its radar and crash into the window.  Go figure.
 P.S.  I finally had to add Slithy to my speller.  I got tired of it
wanting to substitute the word "Smithy."