[bct] Camera phone

  • From: "CLG Productions" <cknc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-photography@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 05:31:42 -0400

I just got me a Nokia 6020 cell phone recently. It has in it, a still image/video image camera. I had a question, and don't worry, this is totally unrelated to opporation of the phone so if you're not familiar with this model phone, keep reading it's OK, this has nothing to do with the menus, etc. I'm trying to figure out how to best hold the phone so that it would be lined up with the object Im trying to take. Yeah, if it was a person, they could tell me, unless it was a child, or an infant that can't yet talk. LOL! but if I'm trying to take a photo of something, say, my cat, or such, then I obviously can't get verbal indication to line it up. Now, this is what is really odd to me: Why is it, that I have a radio shack digital camera and with it, I can line it up with no help almost flawlessly on the first go, and might I add, the linds on the digital camera is pretty much about, if not smaller, the same size as the one on my phone. I know that if I put my finger on the volume up key, on the left top side of the phone, nearest to the ear piece speaker, Then very slowly rotate my finger around to the back of the phone, then assuming that the phone was with the key pad facing me, as I've been describing, my finger would adventurally while rotating from that volume key to the back, bump the linds. I think my problem is for some reason, I tend to not hold the phone perfectly straight.Which a corse Doesn't help mat5ters. Often I find people saying turn to your left, or rock it up a bit. Then I'd move my hand up, and the individual I'm shooting would say: no no no no, I mean, move your wrist not the whole pyone. Like, tilt the top of the phone more toward me, it's not angled perfectly virtically straight up and down. thus I'm not going to be centered, or you may even chop off my head. You can actually change the mode from standard picture to portret picture. I dono though if that would help. That seems to make the picture width wize a lot more narrow, so I don't have as much head room it doesn't look like. The problem isn't opperating the camera and taking the picture, then going into the phone and e-mailing it. That's a sinch, it's more just figuring out why I am having so many issues aiming. Like I said, I adapted to aiming my digital camra within about 3 minutes after getting it, if that. So if that is the case, then why is this so much harder. I don't have enough sight to use the view finder. Granted the view finder on the phone is excellent, I almost have to nose it, to see it, which won't help. I'd love though to figure out a way to know where the linds is in relation to my object, because the camra on my phone blows my digital camera outta the water, according to what my dad told me. He said that the quality is just amazing! He took a picture of me and assisted teaching me how to e-mail it to myself. Once on my computer, I looked at it, and man! Talk about good! I may not have much vision, but I did have enough to see this. I agree. The color aspect ratio is 100% better! That is why I was hoping that someone had possibly a tip that may help me or may could explain to me, why this seems to be so difficult for me compared to my digital. Like I say, it's not an accessibility issue by any means. It's more, just an aiming problem.

Anyway, thanks for your help. BTW, if anyone owns this phone, again, the Nokia 6020 please contact me, as I do have a few more questions.

Thanks.

Chris.