[bct] Re: CONVERTING WINDOWS MEDIA FILE TO MP3?

  • From: "Eric StevenS" <sseric57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:51:34 -0500

You will first need to go to the page and check to see if the IRiver is one of
the supported players.  It is like with Audible.com, they have a select group
of units this works with.  It seems there were a whole lot of them, and I do
remember seeing IRiver brands, it is just a matter if your model is one.
Otherwise, the program is very easy to use.  You have to download a simple
add-in to Windows Media Player, which actually is more functional than Media
Player itself for us with screen readers.  Actually, there could be two
downloads, as there are two formats these books come in, but Overdrive is the
one with the most titles.  Then too, they are in PDF, if you want to mess with
that, but then again there are fewer titles in that format.

The only way I know you could put them on a device not supported or keep them
longer than the two weeks you are allowed would be to burn those titles that
can be burned onto CD and then convert them to MP3, etc.  A lot of trouble for
something free...

Let me know if you have any difficulties.  I just discovered this service and
am only beginning to use it.

Eric SS